This week we welcome back an old friend to Bangkok, having spent the past year training and competing in such locations as Brazil, Jordan, Greece and most recently placing at the Abu-Dhabu Ramadan Cup UAE 2009. Even better, Dimitrios Tsitos returns to as as a newly promoted brown-belt by Prof Vinicius 'Draculino' Magalhaes.
From October 1st, Dimitrios will be heading the BJJ program at EMAC and will remain for 1 year if not more. Before getting involved with Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu he was a competitive swimmer, member of the Hellenic Swimming National Team for 7 years, and a 7 time national swimming champion.
Dimitrios is an active competitor in BJJ and grappling events having participated in more than 25 tournaments in 15 different countries. His current record is 130 fights, 101 wins and 29 losses.
The highlights of his BJJ-Sport career include:
- Brown Belt, under Draculino, one of the most famous bjj instructors worlwide (founder of Gracie Barra Texas, Gracie Barra Belo Horizonte)
- Training experience of 7 years, most of the time in Gracie Barra Greece- Draculino Team
- Total training time of 6 months in Brazil, (Draculino BH, Gracie Barra, Rio Grappling Club, Bolao JJ, Gracie Florianopolis...) and in several academies in Europe.
- 130 fights in grappling (BJJ, No-Gi, Judo, Luta Livre), fought in international events in 15+ countries in Europe, Brazil, Australia, Asia, placed top-3 positions in most of them.
- Some events that Dimitrios finished top-3 (European BJJ 2006 Portugal, Brazilian Championships 2006 Brazil, South-American BJJ Championships 2006 Brazil, Copa de Hong Kong 2008, Pan-Asian International Philippines 2008, Queensland BJJ State Championships Australia 2008, Pan-Pacific Championships Australia 2008, Capital Challenge Jordan 2008, Abu-Dhabu Ramadan Cup UAE 2009)