CALLING ALL FEMALE BJJ FIGHTERS!!!
***UPDATE: Thank you to those that have already sent in their answers. It was brought to my attention that it was not clear if this questionnaire is directed to women in Asia only. This is open to all women that are currently training BJJ, regardless of geography.
I was recently inspired to write a piece on the female BJJ experience and would like to invite all the female practitioners to help in responding to some questions. Please send all your replies to my e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
I will use the answers I've received to write a full article on the subject and give some more insight to what inspired this piece. All your personal information will be kept private and will not be shared publicly but it's ensure that I am receiving authentic feedback. The cut-off date to send in your answers will be March 2nd.
years training bjj:
other martial arts experience:
1. Do you believe women are motivated by the same things as men when starting BJJ?
2. How have one's looks come into play at the gym-space in regards to attention from others (both men & women)? How hard do other train with you? help? give advice?
3. Have there ever been female rivalries within the same gym? Or do you find there is an instant camaraderie because there are so few women in BJJ?
4. Do you find yourself being more sensitive to how other female bjj-ers project or handle themselves at the gym/tournament because it may reflect back to you?
5. Do you believe undo credit is given to female-bjjers or even professional fighters because of their looks and marketability?
Labels: BLOG NEWS