This year’s competition will be distinguished by the following;
- Expansive competition mat space covering at least 240 square meters
- High quality refereeing committed to protecting the safety of competitors, following IBJJF rules, and promoting the highest standards of sportsmanship
- First-aid support will be on hand
- Distinctive, presentation-grade medals and trophies
- First 100 competitors with paid registration will receive a custom-made rash guard
- Prizes for Most Technical fighter, Most Submissions and Absolute Champions
- Exhibition MMA matches
- Entry fees waived for Brown and Black belt competitors
- Separate, private changing areas and clean bathrooms all weekend
We will also be offering a special competitor's discount at the Golden Palace Hotel located on Sukhumvit, Soi 1. It's a 5 minute walk to the skytrain and is ideally located in Central Bangkok.
The cost per person per night will be only 675 baht ($21 USD). For 835 baht ($26 USD) an American breakfast will be included. All rooms have air conditioning, cable TV and mini-bar. The Elefin Cafe in the hotel lobby will also offer all athletes a 20% discount on all food and drinks.
For reservations, please contact: email@example.com with reference to 'BJJ COMPETITION'. This special offer covers September 26-29, 2008.
We are also looking to put on several exhibition MMA fights which will be supported by FBT MMA gear. Please contact Mr. Simmerman for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, we are organizing brown/black-belt superfights in either gi or no-gi. Those interested, please contact Mr. Simmerman as well.
This event is brought to you by the support of BJJAT (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Association of Thailand), Bangkok Fight Club, EMAC and BJJ-ASIA.